Position: Staff Accountant
The staff accountant is responsible to provide clients accounting services including a detailed general ledger maintenance such as bank activity, integrated accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory system and payroll, monthly bank reconciliations, sales tax filling, and financials statements and analysis. The staff accountant is also responsible to prepare tax returns for high net worth individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations and LLCs. The staff accountant responds and provides required financial documents and compilations to auditors, creditors, investors and taxing authorities on behalf of clients. The staff accountant reports to manager and partner and complete all work under supervision.
Responsibilities and Duties :
- Maintenance of detailed general ledger accounting, establish charts of accounts, assignment and allocation of transactions to accurate and proper accounts.
- Prepare accounts receivable and accounts payable aging summaries to make sure clients received payments applied to correct invoices, collect income and pay bills in a timely manner and maintain a reasonable cash flow in business.
- Record payroll into correct accounts: wages and salaries, payroll liabilities, payroll taxes (FICA, Social Security taxes, Medicare taxes, federal, state and city taxes)
- Make sales tax calculation and file state sales tax monthly and quarterly.
- Make monthly bank reconciliations, financial period end adjust journal entries and manage asset capitalization table.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annually financial statements.
- Analyze financials and customize management reports for clients in different business industries.
- Assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations.
- Analyze profit and forecasting for clients’ investment.
- Coordinate with external audit team by providing general ledgers, trial balances, and other necessary financials in a timely manner.
- Review and organize tax forms and prepare tax returns for individuals and different business entities including C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnership and LLCs.
- Assist accounting supervisors to respond and provide required financial documents and compilations tocreditors, investors and taxing authorities on behalf of clients.
Qualifications and Skills :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or above.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Payroll, Tax software such as CCH.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail and number oriented.
- Good team worker.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your cover letter (in the body of the email) and resume to email@example.com